Thursday 3 May 2012

Dress design two evaluation of fabrics


Evaluation of fabrics

I have chosen my final fabrics on the basis of my Roman colour pallet and what fabrics would work best to hold the structure of my garment. These are my final fabrics for my dress design two. 
(pictures to be added) 

Black Tulle (bodice)

For the bodice I needed a fabric, which was strong and had no elasticity, as I needed the fabric to hold my flower embellishments The fabric has slight lines going through I liked this effect however you will only see slight parts of the bodice as the flowers are going to completely cover the front and back.

Netting

I had a choice of choosing white or purple netting for my underskirt. I experimented with both and came to a conclusion that with my final garment having a purple skirt with the purple netting showing slightly this would give me a nice effect.
The netting itself once manipulated will give out the effect of making the skirt flow out holding a stronger structure.

Skirt- purple crepe

I felt for my final fabric this had a nice feel and would hold the skirts structure properly once netting was added the wrong side of the fabric is glossy (the is the side you wont see) it will have a nice feel to it though this will show I have considered the comfort of the garments.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment