Sunday 14 November 2010

Graphic Designers


As part of my primary research I wanted to look at the work of different Graphic Designers I felt this would give me a wider outlook on different inspirations from different sources. As i was looking through the different types of graphic design the block colours and the wide variety of digital images that go into the work make graphics. The block colours in particular stood out to me as i felt i could use this in my high street final piece.
Fellow designers...

' Simplify, surprise and enjoy'
- Graphic design group based in Sweden- Worked for clients liked Adidas- I used this sort of pattern on my final couture design i felt it expressed a lot of different things.

Summary of the type of work they do;

" As we start working with a new assignment, we always stick to the first idea that pops up in our minds, we keep it as simple as possible and try to find a suitable graphic expression. This way we try to keep our work from getting influenced by other contempary graphic design"

David Folduari...


- Although i was not necessarily looking at this graphic designer to relate to my work but it stood out to me a lot because the imagery Folduari uses is ambiguous. The Macdonalds clown with a chain saw trying to put across that Macdonlads food is bad for you i thought this was a really good way of expressing his feelings through graphics.


His famous slogan
' Right/wrong' which i think sums up his work incredibly well.
- Studied graphic design and illustration this shows through in his work all his illustrations make his work look more adventurous.
Clients worked for:

American Airlines
Green-peace
London Records
MTV
NHS
Nike



No comments:

Post a Comment