Friday 11 November 2011

Collaborating interesting fabrics in to design work...



As part of my current pattern cutting brief one of the tasks is to collect a wide range of interesting fabrics I have used some from my previous brief on sustainable fabrics as shown on image below.

I have then started to create a design based upon using new design ideas and 'interesting fabrics' This is what I have come up with.
- The trouser design has three parts and the materials are layers on top of each other and slashed at different levels .
-There is also going to be a big flower feature on the waistband of the trousers using inspiration from my previous brief (from the colour pallet) I will be using a series of jewel colours.
- The flower petals will have different weights of interfacing as this will create the petals to fall in different ways.

Colour?

As you can see from the above picture I have selected colours that the trousers will feature. I have bought 1/2 a metre of fabric to start experimenting with!


No comments:

Post a Comment