Friday 11 November 2011

Front Hip Pocket

-Front Hip Pocket
-Slashed pocket with a welt

Firstly I ironed the interfacing on to my front trouser ensuring in was stuck down.
I then lined it up with my facing sewing a 1.5cm seam allowance.
I then nicked the seams and cut in half.

- Sew a retaining tow to the facing.
- Iron the facing.
-Sew a retaining tow to the facing.
-Iron the facing.
-Sew a 1.5 seam allowance joining the pocket together.

-Cut material on the bias.
-Sewing the bias strip to the pocket.
-Then cut a 1.5cm seam allowance in half (reduced)
-Apply the bias binding to the pocket
-Press
-Sew a retaining row to fix the pocket to the trouser front and waist and side
-Join the front trouser to back trouser at side seam using a 1.5 seam allowance.
-Overlock to make a closed seam.


No comments:

Post a Comment