Wednesday 15 February 2012

Chester - The Grosvenor Museum

Recently I took a trip to Chester Museum, as I have decided to base my self-directed project on Roman History. I have been doing lots of research and Chester is a key place to look into. Chester is known for it being so well crafted by the Romans. The Museum holds a impressive collection of Roman tombstones, along with fascinating displays that build a picture of Roman Chester.
Pattern work in older buildings floor is so impressive. The different shapes in this design are something I could bring into one of my designs.
Roman Armour is something I have been looking into, I love all the different layers and repetition. Romans had many garments that fit different purposes I am going to use this idea in some of my final designs.



Below a picture of Roman Chester!


Footwear is something I am going to be looking more into after reading about it in chester!


Recen





No comments:

Post a Comment