Friday 17 February 2012

Market Research

I have recently had my Uni interview for Uclan. I had to create a Fashion show invitation on behalf of a current fashion designer or brand. I decided to use Karen Millen as this brand is the type of market level I am currently researching into for my FMP, so I decided to use this opportunity to link it into my studies.

Karen Millen is a high end high street brand creating high quality garments. They produce structured designs for confident women. This is the look I want to promote to my potential customer. KM gives a designer approach to the high street. For my current brief I have been asked to create a A4 written piece on my market level.

For Uclan I have already created customer pages for Karen Millen this will help me with my market level. On Tuesday I am taking a trip to Chester to do some market research on the quality of garments, trend, cut and price!
Below is a image of the model I styled in my Karen Millen photo shoot!

Once I had styled my model in the style of KM. I created my invitation (below images) The flowers on the front of the invitation inspired by Giambattista Valli 2012 spring summer collection!I cut price tag templates out and mounted glossy images on to card. I added grey stitching around the glossy photographs as it matched the text. For the finishing touches I bought ribbon and matched it with the KM logo it was important the interviewer could see how I promoting the brand in my invitation colour is a important thing to consider.


No comments:

Post a Comment