Wednesday 25 April 2012

How to create a button hole...

For one of my garments I needed to create a button hole in my skirt!
I have created a step by step guide for myself to look over whilst stuck.

The machine is a memory craft semi industrial sewing machine.

1. Centre the button hole mode number 3, number 11.
Number 11 for medium to heavy weight fabrics. (Which I will defiantly need because my fabric is a stiff suede)

2. Measure button at 2.5cm and 1cm (1cm for ease)

3. Take the measurement 3.5cm. Then make a line on the fabric with Taylors Chalk.

4. Insert your button into the correct side so it fits tight.

5. Attach the foot to the presser bar.

6. A line the top thread with the bottom thread.

7. Lift the presser foot up and slide fabric underneath the foot.

8. You will see a arrow key on the machine put the needle into fabric press button down.

9. Lift the presser foot. Make sure they are a lined.

10. A line the point of the needle with the centre front point.

11. Manually drop the needle into the fabric.

12. Pull button hole lever down.

13. Lift button hole lever up/ cut threads.

14. Open button hole with stitch un picker.

No comments:

Post a Comment