Tuesday 21 June 2011

Creating my powder puffs..


From my initial research into my theme I wanted to create powder puffs on the straps of my dress although this is a very time consuming method I felt it would be worth while once they are all attached to my final garment.

My inspiration came from a Haute Couture book. The picture below
shows a Chanel piece this looked amazing! So from this I decided to use a range of colours of fabrics and contrast them together using the powder puff technique.

Below I placed my powder puff's where they were going to be positioned on my garment before I hand stitched them on this showed me how many more I would need to make etc. My puffs in comparison to the Chanel garment have not been ironed flat I felt this gave my garment more volume this was the look I wanted to make the gold stand out.
Process of them being attached to my garment...
Front view...
- As I started to attach more puffs to the waist band I felt it looked better and added more shape highlighting the waist area.
Here is the back view of the my dress (zip still needs to be fitted)

No comments:

Post a Comment