Thursday 16 June 2011

Fittings week..

Fitting week is all about getting your final garment fitted to the correct size model this ensures any alterations can be made in time for the fashion show ...

During doing my alterations I put together a list of what needed to be done in order for my garment to fit the model correctly.

1. As I have created many powder puffs on my dress I must ensure they are evenly placed on the garment, the powder puff method is very time consuming this
will be done in time for the fashion show.

2. I have left a gap where the two straps on my garment are going to cross the pins on the picture indicate this.


3. I have to unpick the top stitching half way to stop the material from pulling this will then give me more ease around the hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment